DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
- Formulate and implement departmental plans and policies;
- Ensure and verifies that Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with safety regulations of aviation authorities and ensure prompt reporting;
- Filing and follow-up action on required reports to appropriate aviation authorities;
- Establish operational, safety, personnel, and performance standards;
- Establish, maintain and distribute the operations manual and appropriate revisions to required personnel, as applicable to Air-Operator’s Certificate;
- Maintain close liaison with the Head of Maintenance to ascertain current status of aircraft and forecasts down-time;
- Conduct interviews of flight crew, hiring and discharging as required and establishes personnel duty hours;
- Sign for the Company for the issuance and receipt of Operations Specifications;
- Assist Chief Operating Officer in supporting business development planning and actions for future opportunities and strategic teaming;
- Liaise with HKCAD personnel for HKAOC attainment;
- BSc/BA in business administration or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as Director of Operations or equivalent position in aviation industry (Corporate Jet background and solid experience in PIC position are preferred);
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a flight operations department which holds an AOC;
Specific Competencies, Skills and Knowledge:
- Holding or have previously held an ATP license issued by an ICAO contracting country;
- Possessing a sound knowledge of the content of the Flight Operations Manual and the provisions of the Air Navigation (Hong Kong) Order and the ICAO requirements necessary to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Possess a sound knowledge of the Company SMS.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.