HEAD OF SAFETY, SECURITY, AND COMPLIANCE
Job Responsibilities :
- To be responsible for Safety, Quality and Security of the airline in compliance with local & International Regulations
- To be aware of all safety and service quality requirement and to be to be responsible for the outcomes and findings of all internal & external safety/quality audits.
- To ensure that corrective and preventive actions are taken at the root-cause levels on all audit nonconformities and audit findings in an acceptable manner and within reasonable time frame.
- To ensure strict compliance with all required standards and other legal or regulatory requirements; applicable to operational areas under their jurisdiction at all time during the conduct of normal operations.
- Assume responsibility as per the Management approved system procedures
- To ensure strict compliance to their department/division operational safety and security functions.
- Implement and control the Safety & Quality Assurance program on behalf of the CEO.
- Provide information and advice on Safety & OSH matters to the CEO.
- Accident / incident prevention, promotion of safety awareness
- Incident and hazard analysis
- Monitoring the safety reporting occurrence data base.
- Corrective actions on audits, investigation reports and Flight Safety trends.
- Liaison with heads of all departmental heads on safety matters
- Disseminate Flight Safety related information throughout the airline.
- Liaison with manufacturer’s safety department, regulatory agencies, and other Flight Safety organizations worldwide.
- Monitor implementation of SMS, IS-BAO, QMS, OHS Standards.
- Assist the investigation of accidents with regulatory body, informing CEO and suggesting immediate remedial actions.
- Monitoring investigation into incidents, serious incidents, investigation of hazardous events having safety implications.
- Monitoring results / outcomes of SMS audits, IS-BAO internal audits, OSH audits, spot-checks and inspections.
- Planning and control of Corporate Safety & QA budget.
- Monitoring effective implementation of airline’s Emergency Response Plan, preparation.
- Oversight of confidential hazard reporting system.
- Oversight of Flight Data Management Program.
- Oversight of Corporate Resource Management program.
- Any other task assigned by the Accountable Manager.
Key Performance Indicators :
- Able to fulfill the Safety Performance Target
Job Requirements :
- University degree
- Lead Quality Auditor training
- HKCAD Airworthiness Course
- 7 years’ management experience and the ability to manage a quality system and practical experience and expertise in the application of civil aviation quality and safety standards, ideally as a Post-Holder
- Knowledge of international commercial air carrier flight operational procedures.
- An understanding of human factors and human performance limitations.
- Meets National Aviation Authority requirements
Specific Competencies, Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with fluent command of written and spoken English.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; data and process-literate
- People management, change management and project management skills
- Sound planning and organization skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Excellent computer literacy e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, MS Word, Database systems